This article features the best cryptocurrency exchange platforms in New Zealand for purchasing Bitcoin. We’ve analysed over 70 crypto exchanges and whittled them down based on crucial user preferences such as simplicity, deposit methods, trading costs, security, and customer service—so let’s get into the nitty-gritty.
Which is the Best NZ Crypto Exchanges?
Swyftx is an Australian cryptocurrency exchange founded in 2019 with over 350,000 registered members, including New Zealand. This has made it easier for crypto enthusiasts to buy, sell, and trade in more than 280 digital currencies—taking advantage of the excellent user-friendly, elegant, and feature-rich interface built-in for desktop and mobile devices.
Swyftx NZ has outstanding features that appeal to many investors, including quick deposits and withdrawals, portfolio management, recurring orders, cheap trading costs, demo mode, and price alerts. Furthermore, Swyftx is one of the top cryptocurrency exchanges in New Zealand to purchase Bitcoin using New Zealand Dollars (NZD) and deposit with local bank transfers.
Additionally, Swyftx NZ is top-rated because of its simple onboarding procedure, which includes opening an account, completing ID verification, depositing cash, and acquiring cryptocurrencies. The exchange is designed to remove problems associated with other well-established New Zealand crypto exchanges while still providing a visually pleasing experience. And here is the good news—Swyftx NZ doesn’t require new users to provide ID cards or snap selfies for account authorisation.
The exchange has 11 support professionals, including a local team in New Zealand, to assist customers through phone, email, live chat, or Telegram. Swyftx has a 4.7/5 star rating from TrustPilot based on 2,300 customer ratings and comments. Customer feedback on the trading platform, mobile app, and customer support has been outstanding in 88 percent of cases. This is a positive reflection of the company’s customer service for both new and returning customers.
This platform has been the most popular crypto asset in New Zealand. It is jam-packed with valuable features, including an easy-to-use mobile app, a tax calculator, and dollar-cost averaging tools. Beginners and intermediate investors can use desktop and mobile applications to get started with these digital currencies. The trading experience is simple, with a completely customisable interface that you can adjust to any investor’s preferences.
- Its rapid verification can be completed in less than two minutes (without document upload)
- Fees and margins are lower in comparison to rivals in New Zealand
- It requires high liquidity to achieve the best market rates
- Swyftx has automated repeating purchases based on the dollar cost average
- Has taxation software and reports for calculating net capital gains and losses
- This crypto platform a trading experience on mobile that is intuitive and well-designed
Binance is the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange, where you can buy, trade, and sell over 150 digital assets. It was founded in 2017, and it has become a reputable trading platform—making it one of the most trusted crypto exchange platforms in New Zealand. The best of all is that New Zealand customers can use NZ Dollars to purchase, trade, and sell cryptocurrencies on the exchange.
Binance is one of the cheapest crypto platforms to buy, sell, and trade on, with fees rates ranging from 0% to 0.10% compared to other exchanges. The cryptocurrency exchange provides a wide range of financial services as well as sophisticated features such as:
- Allowing users to purchase cryptocurrency using a variety of currencies
- It supports various payment methods, including bank deposits and credit/debit cards
- It has basic and sophisticated trading charts available for customers of different ability levels
- You can use a margin trading platform to trade cryptocurrency with leverage
- The two leverage tokens are derivatives and leverage tokens
- It has a wallet for storing Bitcoin assets that are safe and secure
- Binance has a savings account where you can earn interest on your cryptocurrency
- Binance features staking pools and crypto loans
- Binance features VISA Card for crypto conversion and payment.
- It’s the world’s leading Bitcoin exchange platforms
- Binance has a stable and safe platform that takes various fiat currencies
- It pairs for trading against fiat, cryptocurrencies, and stable coins
- This is one of the lowest trading costs accessible, with discounts
- There is cryptocurrency trading accessible with many options and margins
- You can earn money by staking popular cryptocurrencies like Cardano.
Coinbase is one of the world’s most popular Bitcoin exchanges, and it is now accessible in New Zealand. It enables locals to purchase, trade, and sell bitcoin with a bank transfer, credit or debit card. This crypto exchange platform also provides a safe wallet for storing freshly bought cryptocurrencies, allowing you to purchase and trade with popular digital currencies while keeping track of them all in one location.
Furthermore, Coinbase is one of the safest cryptocurrency exchanges, with no hacks or compromises of security systems or wallets, resulting in any loss of assets due to criminal activity.
- NZD deposits are accepted on global cryptocurrency exchange platforms
- Monitoring a crypto portfolio on a website or app is quick and straightforward
- It’s a user-friendly exchange for buying, trading, and selling digital assets
- Purchase of cryptocurrency with a debit card or a bank transfer is allowed
- Coinbase Pro includes sophisticated trading tools and indicators
- You can store Bitcoin and other digital assets in a secure wallet.
4. Digital Surge
Digital Surge is a Brisbane-based digital currency exchange that has expanded to provide digital currency services to New Zealand citizens. The crypto exchange was created mainly for novices who want to get started with crypto assets such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP, and DeFi tokens. The best of all is that residents in New Zealand can now deposit AUD money with ANZ Bank utilising PayID and POLI payments.
Digital Surge is the top-rated exchange for novices because of its clean, contemporary, and beautiful user interface. The exchange includes a portfolio viewer that displays overall investment performance—on desktop or mobile devices. Customers can track their favourite currencies in a personal watchlist to discover which coins are doing the best (and worst) using the Top Gainers list.
- It is a recommended NZ crypto exchange for novices
- Using ANZ Bank, you can open an account and deposit funds quickly and easily
- It has a low trading fee of 0.5 percent when buying and selling orders
- On PC and mobile devices, the user interface is modern and beautiful
- Withdrawals are made directly to the bank and are immediate
- Customer service representatives are incredibly responsive.
The Winklevoss twins founded Gemini is a New York-based business and licensed bitcoin exchange. This firm operates a genuine cryptocurrency exchange that accepts New Zealand Dollar (NZD) investors.
The website is one of the safest crypto exchanges in New Zealand, allowing individuals, traders, and institutions to use Gemini when purchasing, selling, and holding digital currencies while also earning interest. It is also a seasoned trading platform, custody service, safe wallet, mobile trading app, and off-exchange crypto transactions.
- It is a platform with an emphasis on security to safeguard customer funds
- It offers an OTC trading desk for big orders,
- The mobile trading app has an easy-to-use design
- Competitive trading commissions
- You can use Gemini mobile app to spend cryptocurrency.
6. Independent Reserve
Independent Reserve is a popular cryptocurrency exchange among crypto enthusiasts worldwide, offering cheap trading costs and support for traditional fiat currencies like the New Zealand Dollar (NZD). SWIFT allows New Zealand residents to purchase and trade 24 significant cryptocurrencies and popular DeFi tokens.
- Independent Reserve is a reputable crypto exchange In New Zealand
- It has a fee system based on tiers that lower the volume exchanged
- An insurance firm backs up the funds
- Customers have various payment choices
- Automated repeating purchases based on the dollar cost average
- Customer service is accessible around the clock.
How Do I Spend My Bitcoin and Crypto In NZ?
Investors who wish to spend Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in New Zealand on goods, services, or even to pay bills can do so using the following methods:
- Transfer cryptocurrency to the recipient’s address from the internet, mobile phone, or hardware wallet
- Use a cryptocurrency debit card to send bitcoin to retailers. Some exchanges provide Bitcoin debit cards, which you can use to spend cryptocurrency much like cash.
- Using a Bitcoin point-of-sale terminal, shop at sellers who accept cryptocurrency payments
- Use an exchange to sell cryptocurrencies and withdraw funds in AUD to a bank account
- You can use a bill payment exchange that allows consumers to pay bills directly.
- Withdraw money from a Bitcoin ATM in New Zealand.
Where Should I Store Cryptocurrency?
You can use a New Zealand bank to store cryptocurrency for many reasons. However, the bitcoin or cryptocurrency trade is hazardous—the danger connected with internet frauds and hackers is the most obvious hazard. In other words, the security of the asset is left to the exchange as you have no control over the safety of your investment.
The ideal approach to store cryptocurrency assets such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin is on a reliable cryptocurrency hardware wallet maintained in the investor’s hands. The Ledger Nano X, TREZOR T, and CoolWallet Pro are three of the most popular Bitcoin and cryptocurrency hardware wallets.
Using a digital hardware wallet creates an airlock between the asset and internet-connected devices. The private keys provide the bitcoin stored on the wallet (send, transfer, and receive). Even if the hardware wallet is destroyed, lost, or stolen, the money can be retrieved using various backup methods.
Wrapping it Up
The exchanges listed above are the best if you’d want to purchase Bitcoin in New Zealand. Even better, this post focused on reliability, security, trading costs, and NZD or debit/card support to select these top six crypto exchange platforms.
When it comes to investing in cryptocurrencies, it is recommended that you stay with well-established and trustworthy exchanges. The top-rated crypto platforms in New Zealand have proven this, and millions of consumers worldwide rely on them.