If you’ve decided to use the funds sitting idle in your bank account and get your hands on some BTCs, this guide is just for you.
We will provide you with a list of top crypto exchanges that accept bank transfers, some of them even from around the globe. So read it till the end because it’s a long list of top crypto brokers.
- Coinbase Pro:
Traders from the U.S. can easily fund their Coinbase accounts using the bank wire or ACH systems, while the residents of the U.K. and Europe can add funds via SEPA transfer.
- Excellent liquidity
- Variety of cryptocurrencies available
- Very low trading fees that range from 0.5 to even 0% depending on trade volume
- High deposit limits and fast speed
- FDIC Insurance for up to $250,000 in funds
- The user interface can be a little confusing
Reputation: Highly trusted and performs regular financial audits and I.T. security checks.
Regulated and licensed Australian cryptocurrency exchange, Easy Crypto offers a simple and elegant interface to traders and investors. It has a range of transfer methods, including POLI and bank transfer.
- 100% guarantee of funds’ safety
- Allows users to set recurring orders
- Easily convert between cryptocurrencies
- Over 45 cryptocurrencies available
- No deposit or withdrawal fees
- 1% to 1.5% trading fee after adding forex costs
- High spreads between buying and selling
Reputation: Highly trusted and doesn’t hold your crypto; it’s transferred to your wallet
Coinmama allows buying cryptocurrency via SEPA transfer in Europe while all other countries’ traders can deposit funds to Coinmama with International Bank Transfers via SWIFT. The best part is, for purchases of 1000 EUR or more, there’s no deposit fee. However, under 1000 EUR will cost you 20 EUR in fees.
- Functional in almost every country
- Very high limits for purchasing Bitcoins using a credit card
- Trusted and reliable broker
- Helpful support team
- Charges very high fees for credit and debit card fund transfers
- Many European countries’ users are only allowed to sell BTCs
Reputation: Highly trusted because Coinmama doesn’t store consumer’s funds, so you don’t really have to worry about your money or coins getting stolen.
One of the highest regulated cryptocurrency platforms in the world, Gemini allows the transfer of funds to U.S customers using the ACH funds transfer option.
- Highly regulated and trustworthy
- Let’s you quickly buy coins with instant deposits
- Very low fees in Canada and U.S
- The interface can be a little confusing to new buyers
- Not fully available in all U.S states
Reputation: It is regarded as a highly secured platform for crypto assets as it is the first exchange to pass SOC 2 security standards.
Kraken is the biggest euro-dominated exchange for Bitcoin in the world based on its daily average trading volume of nearly $4 billion. It allows bank transfer to U.S, Canadian, European, Japanese, and British customers. Users can make deposits using international bank transfers, Interac, and SEPA transfer.
- Low trading fees ranging from 0% to 0.26% of your total order value
- Very high transfer limits
- Well-known for its data protection and security measures
- The verification process can be slow
- Not very beginner-friendly
Reputation: Regulated by FinCEN (U.S.), FinTRAC (Canada), and FCA (U.K.) with high standards of security for users’ personal data and digital assets.
Allows the purchase of bitcoins using SEPA transfer in E.U. countries and ACH in the U.S. Verified users can purchase up to $10,000 worth of BTC every day and $100k per month.
- Supports many regions and countries
- A low trading fee of 0.2% on total order value
- Well established and trusted
- Incredibly aesthetic interface
- The verification process can be a little time-taking
- Not much liquidity in the GBP market
Reputation: CEX was awarded the Money Business Service license by FinCEN (U.S.) for its security measures, which is why it’s trusted by over 3 million users from around the globe.
It allows users across Europe to buy bitcoin using funds transfer with SEPA. You only need to verify using a mobile phone to get started and then provide more info if you want to upgrade the account.
- Low fees and fast funds transfer
- High limits of up to 100,000 EUR per year after full verification
- Easy to use for an average user
- I.D. verification is very intense, and you can only buy up to 4000 EUR worth of coins without it
Reputation: It is regulated by Switzerland’s privacy and security standards, so we are not sure how secure it is. However, it has an average rating of 3.7 out of 5, with a total of 200 reviews on Trustpilot.
One of the largest crypto brokers in Sweden that allows payment via Bankgiro and SEPA with fees ranging from 2% to 7% on deposits.
- Accessible from 32 countries
- Good liquidity
- Easy to use and instant deposits
- Extensive ID verification, which can also be a little slow
Reputation: Has over 400 reviews on Trustpilot with an average 4.2 rating out of 5. So it seems people trust Safello.
One of the largest exchanges for Bitcoin, Bitstamp makes it super easy for Europeans to buy large quantities of BTCs with fast bank transfer via SEPA. The best part is that almost everyone worldwide can use their bank account to deposit funds in Bitstamp via wire transfer. However, learn about the fees with your bank account first.
- One of the oldest BTC exchanges
- Very low trading fee of 0.25%, which further falls to 0.1% with high trading volume
- A range of deposit and withdrawal methods
- High liquidity resulting in a good exchange rate
- A huge range of altcoins
- Very fee on credit card purchases; 8% to start, but falls to 5% on high trading volume
- First-time buyers may find it a little confusing as its more trader-friendly
Reliability: Bitstamp has been hacked in the past, which is why we’re not sure about its security measures’ reliability. We suggest not to store your digital assets on the platform.
Located in the Isle of Man, CoinCorner is a bitcoin exchange platform that allows people in Europe and the U.K. to purchase BTCs using GBP bank transfer, credit/debit card, and SEPA.
- Highly regulated and trusted U.K. company
- Variety of payment methods
- Great customer support
- Instant purchases with credit card
- Works in a range of countries
- 1% trading fee is a little high for European trading standards
- Average fund transfer speed
Reliability: CoinCorner offers a multi-signature security feature, so we’d say it’s pretty reliable, but do not store your coins or funds on the platform; always keep them in your wallet.
Customers can deposit large amounts of funds through SWIFT, and the best part is, Bitfinex has low fees and deep liquidity.
- Even low volume buyers only pay 0.1% as makers and 0.2% as takers
- Offers huge BTC buying limit
- Has a range of altcoins
- Only one payment option
- Not very beginner-friendly
Reliability: It was recently hacked, which is why security reliability is in question. However, if you keep your digital assets off the Bitfinex platform, there shouldn’t be any problem.
Backed by Solaris Bank, Bitwala combines crypto and banking systems in one platform allowing its users to swiftly transfer funds in Euros.
- Very easy to use and clean interface
- High deposit limits and low fees
- Provides annual tax report to users for ease of filing taxes
- The weekly 50,000 Euro limit is not attractive for bigger investors
Reliability: Regulated by Germany’s financial institution and backed by SolarisBank are enough for the platform to be reliable.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What’s the Benefit of Buying Bitcoin Using a Bank Account?
The main benefit of using a bank account to buy bitcoin is a lower fee. It is typically the cheapest way to deposit funds in your account on any exchange platform.
Furthermore, the deposit limits are typically higher with bank transfers if you are verified on the exchange platform.
What’s the Drawback of Buying BTC Using a Bank Account?
Speed is the main caveat as bank transfers are slow in several countries. You’ll typically have to wait for 1-3 days for the funds to land in your account.
However, this is not true every time. Depending on your bank and location, you can have the fiat currency deposited instantly as well.
Bank Transfer Vs. Credit Card – Which One is Best?
With a credit card, you get instant transfer of funds, allowing you to buy BTC in a few minutes. However, the fees are HUGE, which is why it might not be a lucrative option for many. Bank transfer is slower than a credit card, but it also has lower fees.
No matter which exchange platform you decide to go with, just remember, do not leave your fiat or cryptocurrency lying around in your exchange account. If it gets hacked, you may have to kiss those digital assets goodbye.
So, for fiat currency, only transfer the amount that you need to buy BTC or other coins at the moment and then transfer those coins to secure virtual wallets.