Everyone familiar with bitcoin and how it has generated billions from pennies has tried to get a piece of this gigantic and rich pie at some point. If you are also looking to buy some BTCs or any other cryptocurrency, then you can do just that with the help of a CIBC Bank account.
Being a Canuck, you don’t have to look pretty far to buy those BTCs; your own Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce allows you to purchase them by depositing funds into an online crypto exchange. And the best part is, Canada has its own licensed and fully regulated crypto exchange as well.
Bitbuy is the largest and most trusted Canadian crypto exchange that you can sign up for; connect your CBIC bank account with it and make a deposit using Interac e-Transfer; it’s as simple as that! To know more about the nitty-gritty of how it’s done, read the step-by-step process below.
Buying Bitcoin With CIBC Online Banking in Canada:
Buying bitcoin online or any any other cryptocurrency for that matter is has become a piece of cake thanks to crypto exchanges like Bitbuy. Here’s how to buy crypto using CIBC Online Banking with Bitbuy:
- Register an account on Bitbuy either from Canada or U.S
- Make your account securer using 2 FA (this is important because your bitcoins will be vulnerable and easier to steal without it)
- Once signed up, verify details of your account depending on whether it’s personal or company-based. Verification document requirements will vary depending on where you’re signing up from; Canada or U.S.
- Deposit your CADs into the Bitbuy account through the Intrac e-Transfer using your CIBC Online Banking.
- Now go to the ‘Trade’ section of Bitbuy and select Bitcoin
- Enter the amount of BTC your want to purchase in exchange for your Canadian Dollars
- Review the order to ensure everything is perfect and hit the ‘Buy’ button to execute the order
That’s pretty much it. See how fast and easy it is to buy bitcoin from Bitbuy using your TD Bank account.