Unfortunately, that’s not currently possible. As a customer of JPMorgan Chase Bank in the U.S and Canada, you cannot directly purchase bitcoin or any cryptocurrency via their trading applications. However, this doesn’t mean there is no way for you to get bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency through your Chase Bank account. You can still purchase BTC and other coins; there will be just one extra step involved – to sign up for a crypto exchange.
Coinbase is the best platform for purchasing bitcoins and altcoins, and since it is born and bred in the U.S, your Chase Bank Account will work perfectly fine with it. Coinbase is the most trusted and fully regulated platform with an incredible trading volume resulting in narrow spreads and deep liquidity.
Since Coinbase has recently gone public, it shows how serious they are about offering an excellent platform for crypto trading to its users. Plus, being a public company also means having to meet the strictest standards of U.S Securities Laws, making them the most trusted crypto exchange in the region.
Brief Overview of Coinbase:
Launched in 2011, Coinbase is one of the oldest, largest, and most trusted crypto exchanges, with over a whopping 30 million users just in the U.S.
They are regulated under SEC (Securities Exchange Commission) and listed on the stock market, both of which make them a highly secure platform to use for digital asset creation.
Furthermore, they have low trading fees and work flawlessly with JPMorgan Chase Bank allowing you to buy and sell bitcoin and cryptocurrencies with ease.
- Deposit Methods: Bank Transfer, Credit Card, Debit Card, SWIFT+ and more.
- Trading Fees: 0.5%
- Fiat Currencies: United States Dollars
- Cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin, Cardano, Ripple, and more
How to Buy Bitcoin Using JPMorgan Chase Bank in the U.S?
The process to purchase bitcoin or altcoins using your Chase Bank account is pretty quick and easy. We have laid down the steps for you to follow below:
- Register your account with the U.S based Coinbase since you will be using your U.S bank account
- Enable 2-factor authentication to strengthen your Coinbase account’s security; otherwise, it will be easier for hackers to get into your account and steal your bitcoins
- Once you are signed up, verify all the personal details you provided, like name, address, etc.
- After verification, you are allowed to transfer funds to Coinbase and purchase cryptocurrencies of your choice, including Bitcoin.
- Connect your Chase Bank account with Coinbase and transfer the amount you want to use to make the purchase.
- Now, go to the ‘Buy Crypto’ section, select bitcoin, and input the amount of BTC you want to buy for the USD you have transferred.
- Review the order to ensure everything is correctly entered and then execute it.
That’s pretty much it. See how easy it is to buy BTC using your Chase Bank account. You can replicate the same process to get other cryptocurrencies.